The protection of your personal information is very important to us. Please read this entire policy to ensure you understand how we use your personal information and what your legal rights are regarding this information.
Sandfish Design is a trading name of Sandfish Software Ltd. Sandfish Design is a consolidation of our web related services and is a relatively new web site. However, Sandfish Software (previously known as W3 Communications Ltd) is a well-established company, and we have been trading for over 16 years.
For further information about us please visit our about us page.
What personal information do we collect
When an individual or organisation makes an enquiry we collect the following personal information:-
- Contact telephone number or mobile number
- Email address
How we receive personal information
An individual or organisation can make an enquiry about our services in the following ways:-
- By direct email
- On an enquiry form on the website
- Over the telephone
How we store and secure your personal information
Personal information we receive is stored in the following ways:-
- Enquiries received via direct email are stored on our secure server.
- Enquiries received via the website are secured behind a firewall in a database on our secure server.
- Information received via a telephone enquiry is logged on a potential client form and then filed away in a locked filing cabinet in our secure office.
Who we share personal information with
We do not share any personal information we receive via enquiries with any third parties. If information is required to be shared in the course of work undertaken for clients, then permission will be requested verbally or in writing. This permission will then be logged on the client form.
What we do with personal information
Personal information gathered via the telephone or website enquiry form is only used to contact potential clients to discuss their individual requirements.
How long we retain personal information for
Data gathered via an email, telephone conversation or website enquiry, that does not lead to a contract is kept for six months then deleted. Hard copies are also shredded. If a contractual agreement is in place then personal data can be kept for up to 6 years for VAT and inland revenue purposes.
Our lawful basis for processing personal information
- Consent: the individual has given clear consent for me to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract you have with the individual, or because they have asked you to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
Your rights in relation to personal information
Under the General Data Protection Regulations Act 1998 (GDPR) you have the following rights over your personal information:-
- The right to access your personal information.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to have your personal information corrected and deleted.
- The right to withdraw consent to process data (if processing data on condition of consent).
- The right to restrict and object to information processing.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. If you wish to complain to the Commissioner’s office please visit their website https://ico.org.uk/
Please contact us on 01792 899 511 if you require assistance with any of the above or you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org if you prefer.
Any request to change, delete or pass on personal information will need to be verified. The identity of the requestee will need to be checked and ID may be required. We aim to deal with all requests within 27 days.
Automated decision-making and profiling
We do not use any automated profiling software on the website to identify potential clients.
Third party links on the website
We have the following third party links on our website:-
- Social media links:- All social media links are owned and maintained by Sandfish Software Ltd.
- Link to Sandfish Software Ltd owner and operator of Sandfish Design.
How we deal with cookies
What are cookies
Cookies are small text files stored on your device which contain information about your browsing preferences which allows a website to recognise your device.
Rules on cookies
Under the GDPR a website is required to:-
- Explain what the cookies are doing and why.
- Obtain consent to store the cookies on users devices.
We use basic necessary cookies for page navigation and security.
We also use specialist analytics cookies (Google Analytics) to analyse our website’s traffic.
What is Google analytics
Google analytics is a web analysis tool that generates detailed statistics about user activity for website optimisation purposes.
What information does Google analytics gather
Google Analytics sets a first party cookie on a user’s device, this sends data to Google about the visitor's device and movement around the website. It tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels. This information is then displayed to us via Google’s secure analytics dashboard. For more information on Google Analytics please visit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Analytics
Please be aware if essential cookies are disabled some aspects of the website may be affected, interfering with your web browsing experience.
How to contact us
- Telephone: 01792 899 511
- Email: email@example.com